Saturday, July 5, 2008

Me and Derek


Today I went with my uncle Wayne and my aunt sonya to visit Derek. He is in a new hospital now that is up in bountiful. It seems much nicer than the U, as far as his room goes. He said the U has much better food and better lookin nurses though. He is making good progress and is woking hard to be able to come home. He spends most of his day in rehab. This has been quite the experience. It has been really hard at times, but he learned a great lesson and hopefully others can learn from him. I love this guy dearly. We are only six months apart and have always been close friends. Although he is paralized he seems hopeful and has a good attitude. I told him that my dad wanted me to tell him hi and he lit right up and said uncle Barry??? He seemed very excited to hear about his uncle Bary. This is still going to be a long journey, but things are hopeful.

No comments: